Friday, June 1, 2012

This Was a Little Risky. I Went Out With a Monogamous Boy

This monogamous boy is one I've known casually for a long time.  He's a friend of a friend who makes occasional appearances at group gatherings.  The mutual friend happens to be the one who is not okay with our poly status, at all.  This means that this date must stay mostly secret.

Nickname: Hulk.  This is appropriate because he is the most stacked guy I've ever dated, but also, he shared with me that the superhero he identifies most with is the Incredible Hulk.  Normally, I would find such a self comparison concerning, but I've known Hulk for so long and I know him to be a quiet peaceful guy and I know he is not a violent person.  I'd elaborate more, but I feel what he shared is too personal to reshare even anonymously.  Trust me when I say that I understand that such a thing could be seen as a warning sign, but my instincts are strong in such situations and I'm good here.

So, Hulk took me out to Longhorn steakhouse.  Afterwards, we went to a park and talked while we walked.  He clarified a couple things he was wondering about.  STI prevention was a big concern and understandably so.  He was also concerned about it staying private and noted that his mother would have issues with him dating someone who is married. (Although- his divorce isn't final so I think we're both occupying different space in the same grey area.)   Obviously, I understand his need for discretion, this is weird even if it's not wrong and it would make it much harder for him to find that right person to be monogamous with. He asked about that. I told him that I'd understand when he needed to cut things off, that it would severely limit the dating pool if he was looking for someone who was okay with a continued relationship with a married woman. I acknowledged that it might involve some sadness, but that I understood.

I think this has the potential to be awesome. He's an awesome cuddler and fun to converse with. He lives really close to my house, like within walking distance, making it super convenient to maintain something. He said that what he liked about dating me was that he wasn't really ready for the big super serious relationship yet, and he knew that with me, there is a limit on how much time I could occupy. It makes me feel good to think that I could give him some companionship and warmth while he's waiting for the Big One.
He had planned on kicking me out at midnight, but didn't until 2am. We didn't kiss until the end and those were gentle closed mouth kisses. It might be a while before I get his pants off. I went in for a few more kisses at the end and he said "You better go before I keep you all night."

"Next time." I said. And I left him in his house alone.

I find I'm really looking forward to seeing him again. If I had to sum it all up in one word, that word would be "warm" and that was nice. I'll see him on Saturday as part of a group gathering, but it will have to stay distant for obvious reasons. I suspect I'll surreptitiously text him a few things though. Yay technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that even anonymous bloggers are real people and be kind. Trolls will not be tolerated. If you're going to be judgmental or homophobic, shove off.