Friday, February 17, 2012

An Unexpected Confession

As we've been carefully discussing how to wade into this new world of dating other people before us, we've been more honest and open with each other than we've ever been.  This has lead to several notable confessions that my husband has made to me.  This is the most shocking, interesting and flattering of them.

My first long term boyfriend, who was an unmotivated jackass, took some scantily clad and nude photographs of me when I was very young.  By very young I mean 18-19 years old.  The agreement was made that if we broke up, I would get the photos.  I got all of them except one that I'm sure that he kept intentionally.   I destroyed a few that were a little too crude for my tastes, but I kept most of them.  I knew that one day, old me would want to look back fondly on young me.  I kept them in a drawer in my room and assumed they were private.  Apparently I was wrong...

My dear husband was my dear friend for years before he became my dear boyfriend.  During the time of our friendship, he once stayed at my house for a few days while he was home from college.  While I was away at work, he stumbled upon the envelope that held my naked pictures.  He knew that they existed, but had little hope of ever seeing them.  When he saw a picture peeking out of the envelope, he knew what he had found.  "I had to make a decision."  he told me.  He decided to go through the pictures.  He spoke of this moment with such reverence that I could feel nothing but flattered.  When he described getting to some of the topless pictures, he was even more in awe, as he didn't know that any actual nudity existed in them.

"Did you masturbate?"  I asked.

"Yes."  He said.

He put them away and never looked at them again.  After we got together, I showed him the photos.  Once we moved in together, I essentially turned them over to his care.   They've been scanned so they are properly preserved for me in the future.  He always puts them back in the envelope the same way he found them that day.  With the first picture he saw sitting on top so he can recreate the moment when he found them each time he looks at them.

This makes me feel like a goddess.

For 7 or 8 years, he kept it a secret that he had seen me naked before he had any hope of actually seeing me naked.  He likely would have never told me at all.  It was discussing polyamory that brought us to that point and I think that's pretty darn amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that even anonymous bloggers are real people and be kind. Trolls will not be tolerated. If you're going to be judgmental or homophobic, shove off.