Thursday, April 19, 2012

Oops

So, I may have mentioned that this guy that I'm seeing is from England.  I've seen a fair number of British comedies and I tend to quote them once in a while.  I made a deliberate effort not to do this in front of him so as not to sound silly in attempting to imitate the accent.  I was doing quiet well, until....  well, have you seen Shawn of the Dead?

I was sitting on his couch when his cat approached me.  I noticed a bright red smear of paint on the cat's chest.  Before I even think about what I'm doing, "You've got red on you." slipped out of my goddamn mouth.  He did not respond to this other than to explain the source of the red. 

Maybe he didn't notice? 

In other embarrassing news, I pulled out my phone to perform a search and I realize that the last two items in my search history are things he had texted to me that I had to look up.  One was a great adjective that I didn't know and the other was a pasta dish he offered to make me.  My phone was totally in his face while I did this.  Dammit. 

Maybe he didn't notice this either?

Why am I doing this to myself?  I guess the funny stories are worth it.  Mild embarrassment and insecurities traded for good sex and a richer life and human experience.  I guess it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that even anonymous bloggers are real people and be kind. Trolls will not be tolerated. If you're going to be judgmental or homophobic, shove off.