Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Girl Crush Makes Out with My Husband (yay?)

So, I need to catch you folks (by folks I mean the imaginary people who read this blog) up about what has been going on in Hubby's life.  Hubby had an interesting experience with the girl that I work with that I have a crush on.  We'll call her Link.

Link is adorable.  Link decided she needed to break up with her boyfriend and I agreed, having gotten a poor impression of him.  Hubby agreed and was her shoulder to cry on while she made her decision and carried it out.  He was there for her while the ex carried out the rest of his stuff from Link's apartment.  Link and Hubby had some drinks together and then took part in a little making out, a fair amount of kissing and a whole lot of cuddling.  From the way it sounded that night, she was considering a relationship with my husband and eventually wanted to have sex with him.  He was over the moon.

Sadly, it was not to be.  I was surprised by my reaction being less than I expected.  I was for the most part okay, I just knew that I needed a little time to gain comfort with the situation.  So when Link came over to our house that night, I found stuff to do elsewhere.  I sought out my spontaneous date with The Doctor.  The last thing I wanted was for my, not negative, but ambiguous energy to make Link uncomfortable in the situation and scare her off.  As it was, I was too late.  She was already reconsidering and has in the days that followed made it clear that she is looking for a monogamous relationship with a guy of her own.  It's a shame.  Now the focus is on not making shit weird, since we do work with this person.  So far we are mostly succeeding, but Hubby's general sadness with this situation and others that have ended in rejection, have been bringing him down a bit.

At this point, I am ready for him to rip off the band-aid.  I want him to get laid.  Here's to hoping it happens soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that even anonymous bloggers are real people and be kind. Trolls will not be tolerated. If you're going to be judgmental or homophobic, shove off.