Monday, March 26, 2012

An Eventful Day: Swooning, Hanging with a Metamor, Coming Out and Scoring Some Digits

I had a rather eventful day.  First event on the schedule was a first date I was rather looking forward to.  I was excited about his profile and started swooning when he suggested a restaurant that serves only mac and cheese entrees.  I met him in a hip and cool part of the Big City on a very nice day.  He approached me outside the restaurant.  I looked up and immediately recognized him from his OKCupid pic.  He's hot.  I mean, really damn cute.  I know he's savvy enough to find this blog if he desires to and may be reading this.  I'm going to go ahead and take the risk of being totally honest here with my swooning.


A List of Swoons in Order of Appearance
  1. Suggesting mac and cheese restaurant.
  2. Being really damn cute.
  3. British accent that was understated in profile.
  4. Browsing through comic book shop, comments on this as a first date activity.
  5. Has read A Song of Ice and Fire.
  6. Laughs at my jokes.
  7. Kissing was nice.  Really nice.
  8. We make plans for our next date right there before parting ways.
  9. We text throughout the evening, including an exchange about Apple products.

This was my most successful date thus far and I'm feeling quite good about it.   I'm on a bit of high afterwards and I decide to call my dad.  I make plans to meet with him later this night to have a face to face discussion so I can tell him.

I pick up Munchie, who has accepted my invitation to join me in going to a meeting for a poly discussion group.  Cool. Offer extended and accepted.  Meeting was fun and interesting.  I'm again reminded about the cool people that do this.  I later receive a text from my date who informs me that his wife is dating one of the people at that meeting.  It is all a bit incestuous, to borrow a great descriptor from someone else.  Too funny!

I have enough time to stop home and use the bathroom before going to meet my dad.  I arrive early and while sitting alone my server flirts with me a bit.  I flirt back.  My dad arrives, I come out to him.  He's skeptical and apprehensive, but relaxes as he gets more detail about the execution and motivations.  He also takes some responsibility for my tendency toward deviant behavior and rightfully so.

Dad leaves and I stay to flirt further with the cute Denny's server.  I score a phone number.  I impress him and his friends with my hatred of Twilight and my knowledge of Futurama.  I flirt hardcore.  I feel amazing.  I'm now home, blogging and will shortly be going to bed.

It's been an eventful day, but one without regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that even anonymous bloggers are real people and be kind. Trolls will not be tolerated. If you're going to be judgmental or homophobic, shove off.