Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The One Where I Go Out With NMB and RUN INTO EVERYONE

Last night I had plans with Not-My-Boyfriend.  We had discussed going to the drive-in, since the smaller city that I live in near the big city has one.  I've been going there since I was a kid.  Since it's been raining a lot, the back-up plan was to see a local band at a bar I go to sometimes.

Now, I knew there was a chance that I would run into people I knew at this bar.  I figured it was not a big deal.  First hurdle, I realize that guy in the band that I know might think something is up.  Hubby sends him a message on Facebook and we're good there.  He has poly friends.  Whew.  (I was somewhat disappointed to hear that he has poly friends not that he was poly.  'Cause I've had a crush there for a bazillion years.)

Well, it was raining earlier in the day and we decided to just go to the show and forget the drive in.  This worked out rather well.  NMB could come by the house for a bit, Hubby went out to do his thing, I could have the place to myself long enough to get some affectionate behavior out of our system, and then go out to the bar.  Sounds simple, right?  I'm just hanging out at the bar with my friend...  that I have a really difficult time not putting my hands all over at any given time.  In hindsight, this was a really bad idea, but how was I to know that on this night EVERYONE would be there.  Seriously, I have gone to that bar many times by myself hoping that I would run into someone that I knew and been disappointed.

Well, we buy drinks and walk to the front of the room towards the "stage" which is really just a taped off area on the floor.  Before I reach the end of the bar, I run into one of nursing school instructors and his brother.  Okay, no biggie.  I say hi, introduce NMB, make sure we have current contact information, note that he doesn't ask about my Hubby like he usually does and we go out separate ways.  I had told him to stay for the show cause I knew it was up his alley.  Also, I texted him so he would have my number and we ended up texting throughout the night.  Second hurdle jumped smoothly without a problem and we're good.

I laugh about this with NMB, noting that I am terrible at keeping secrets.  We talk about the recent events of our spouses sleeping together.  I'm drinking.  He's drinking, but I'm drinking more than he is.  The band finally starts to play and after the first set, I note that my former nursing instructor has moved to sit at the table behind us.  That puts an end to the furtive under the table hand holding I was doing with NMB and the gentle one finger slide up my thigh that had occurred.  Okay, must use careful discretion....

My cousin had mentioned that he might come up there, so I was keeping an eye out for that.  My watchful eye catches Dick Pic walking by.  Dick Pic has this nickname cause he's kind of a creeper on chicks at work and we know that he has 10-12 pics of his dick on his phone.  He also puts girls number in his phone under titles like "sweet tits".  Dick Pic knows that we are poly, but he does not recognize me. 

At some point, I get a text from my cousin saying that he has arrived.  I get up to find him, walk past him at the bar and go outside to see if he's out there.  I hold the door for...  my conservative Christian aunt.  Fuck.  We chat, I turn around and there's my cousin and my uncle.  (I don't know how long he's been there.)  This is the "Oh Shit" moment. But I chat for a bit and excuse myself under the guise of not leaving my friend alone who doesn't know anybody here.   In this way, I manage to keep the group separate so NMB doesn't have to sit with my family.

I get another drink from the bar and run into Dick Pic up there.  He squints his eyes and stares at me over his beer until he recognizes me.  Dick Pic knows that we are poly, so no biggie.  He tells me, "You dress up nice."  I thank him.  Oh boy.   

I have a good laugh about how this was a bad idea, joke about leaving through the back door, and carry on.  The music was loud so the fact that we were getting near each others faces to say things wouldn't have looked weird.  I was trying to control my body language and not look too flirtatious with this person or let on that I've been intimate with him only hours before coming to the bar.  I think I'm doing a good job for the most part.  Once, we both turned to say something at the same time and our noses brushed.  Fuck.  We laughed.  He points out that my body language isn't overly flirtatious and that the fact that I'm laughing is acceptable since I've been drinking.  He also says "If you are concerned about indicators of intimacy, we have been drinking out of the same glass."  Fuck. He laughs.

I can't see my family anymore, I decide to see if they've left.  I approach the bar and they haven't.  Next thing I know, I'm dancing with my aunt near the front of the stage in front of NMB, stealing glances and being in a state of general total disbelief.

My old friend from high school was there.  I talked to him briefly about local band news (there's been some big developments) and I berate him for letting an important friendship fall to the wayside over money.  He tells, "You look like a girl!" Since I'm wearing a dress.  He swears he's never seen me that drunk.  (That's not true.)  I part ways with my high school friend and lean into tell NMB, "That's the friend I really don't want to know that I'm poly." He points behind me, I turn and see my aunt.  Seriously, wtf? She gives me a hug goodbye.

When NMB and I leave, I wait until we've walked around the block and kiss him.  I kiss him more in the truck and we make out heavily in the driveway with my husband watching from the window upstairs.  Oh, I'm getting hot just thinking about it.  NMB wonders out loud if Hubby might be watching and my phone chimes with a text.  "Come Upstairs :)" It says.  I go back to making out and turn to see Hubby standing in the doorway.  He walks out, shakes NMB's hand and I follow him.  Once inside the front door and Hubby pins me against it and kisses me deeply.  We have sex shortly afterwards.

So that's how my night went and how I ran into EVERYONE.  I also had sex three times, twice with my husband and once with NMB.  I made eyes with my monogamous musician crush.  I threatened to beat up my old high school friend.  I was told I'm a violent drunk.  I made NMB laugh a lot.  In general, handled a potentially weird and awkward situation quite well, thank you very much!  I guess I better get used to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that even anonymous bloggers are real people and be kind. Trolls will not be tolerated. If you're going to be judgmental or homophobic, shove off.