Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'm Going Camping! No, He's Still Not My Boyfriend

I have one more 12 hour work shift, a stupid homework assignment and general trip prep in between me and a whole weekend of camping with NMB.   There are some interesting things are going on here and here are some random thoughts.

First of all, when I tell people I'm going camping, they say, "Oh, where are you guys going?" And I say, "Oh, Hubby's not going with me.  I'm going with a group of friends."   Most people are used to us going on trips without each other, but some people think it's strange.  People always thought we were strange for things that aren't strange.

NMB needs to be home by a certain time on Sunday in order to make the weekly dinner with the in-laws and avoid any potentially uncomfortable questions about his whereabouts.  That's a unique to poly situation.  

I will be introduced to some new people on this trip.  One of the first things they will learn about me will be that I'm on a camping trip with a man who is not my husband.  I will be introduced to people as Poly-Girl.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Mostly, I'm curious about the response.  I trust my friends to have open minded cool people as traveling companions.

I'm packing a lot of condoms and tiny packets of lube from work in my suitcase as well as baby wipes and a small trash bag for clean up in the tent. Better pack my cranberry tabs as well and maybe that extra diflucan.  Tent sex greatly increases the risk of UTI and yeast infection.

I bought a bikini.  It was $3 at a thrift store.  I took a pic of me trying it on in a dressing room and sent it to NMB via e-mail.  He approves.  I hope we get a chance to go swimming and the little mini fantasy in my head can play out a little in real life.  (We're swimming in a deep cool stream, splashing each other...  Then I'm making out with my legs wrapped around him and his hands all over me.  Oops, where'd that bikini top go?)

I'm going to make a serious effort not to drive my friends crazy with our ridiculous tendency towards physical affection.  Seriously, I could really piss off some cool people that I care about if I'm constantly disappearing in the woods with NMB.  (But, gawd do I want to do it in the woods in broad daylight!)  So effort will have to be made to BE social.

Alcohol:  I'm going to take advantage of it this weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that even anonymous bloggers are real people and be kind. Trolls will not be tolerated. If you're going to be judgmental or homophobic, shove off.