Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"Just a warning: I tested positive for...." *sharp inhale* "...strep throat"

Here we have an example of a potential infection control situation in a poly circle.  I got a text from NMB yesterday afternoon.

A warning for you: I just tested positive for strep throat.  It's very fun.
Seeing the words "I tested positive for..." scared the poo right outta me.  I never thought I would be relieved to hear that I might have strep throat.  Of all the things that could have followed those words, I am just fine with seeing "strep throat."  Ugh.

I was feeling just fine at that time, but throughout my night at work, the symptoms started.  Mild headache. Sore throat. Swollen lymph nodes. I kept checking my temperature to see if it was climbing.  Nope.  Still...  I got into the walk-in clinic as soon as they opened this morning and got my throat swabbed.  I tested positive for strep and won a Z-pack and a night off of work!  I also requested Diflucan cause we all know what happens to normal vaginal flora when you take antibiotics.  Am I right, ladies?

So, this is where so many people having intimate contact becomes concerning.  If we aren't careful, we'll keep reinfecting one another and the strep will never go away.  Also, I can't kiss my husband right now.  :(  But I can kiss NMB since we're both being treated.  It's a strange situation to be in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that even anonymous bloggers are real people and be kind. Trolls will not be tolerated. If you're going to be judgmental or homophobic, shove off.