Monday, August 18, 2014

On Little Freedoms that Poly Makes Possible

I work the night shift, which leaves me awake late into the night even on my nights off.  It also makes it difficult to be active and maintain any sort of regular exercise routine.  I enjoy physical activity, but I don't take well to routines.  I'm not the type of person that can make a habit of going to the gym or using an elliptical or anything of that nature.

I am the sort of person that likes little adventures.  I like the night.  I like riding my bicycle and I like exploring.  Riding around on a bicycle alone in the wee hours of the morning as a lone woman is risky behavior, if you ask some.  My husband is uneasy about it.  I feel relatively safe while sticking to main roads and areas that are well lit and well travelled.  I don't believe in not doing things because something bad might happen.

Tonight, I texted a friend.  This friend is someone I have slept with in the relatively recent past.  I asked him if he wanted to go for a bike ride.  A bit later, around 1am, he responded and said yes! I met him at his house and we explored a new leg of the bike trail network that winds through our city.  It was dark.  There was almost no traffic.  It was quite.  The trail follows a creek and some small ponds.  It had rained earlier tonight and it was hazy.  We couldn't see very far ahead of us on the trail.  We stopped at a quiet and secluded section of the trail and made out for a bit.   Then sat and talked for a while before riding back home and to our separate lives.

It was a small adventure and a bit of freedom that wouldn't have been possible before we became poly.  Making out with someone under the moon on a dark and hazy stretch of trail...  These are moments that make life fun.  The things I dreamed of when I was a horny teenager aching for adventure when I closed my eyes and imagined what it would be like to make out with boys.  Being poly makes me feel young.

1 comment:

  1. I love these little adventures. The moments that makes us feel like teenagers again and make us feel alive!
    Thanks for sharing your night. Loved this story, :)

    ReplyDelete

Remember that even anonymous bloggers are real people and be kind. Trolls will not be tolerated. If you're going to be judgmental or homophobic, shove off.